Guest WiFi - Terms & Conditions
Acceptable Use Policy
- Any individual connected to the Guest Wireless Network in order to use it directly or to connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy, the stated purposes and Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- DEAN STEEP HOLIDAYS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY OR SECURITY OF THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK, AND ALL USE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS. BY USING THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS DEAN STEEP HOLIDAYS FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK.
- Dean Steep Holidays take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content uploaded, shared, transmitted, or downloaded by you or any third party, or for anything you may encounter or any data that may be lost or compromised while connected to the Guest Wireless Network.
- Dean Steep Holidays reserves the right to disconnect any user at any time and for any reason. The Guest Wireless Network is provided as a courtesy to allow our guests access to the internet. Users will not be given access to the Dean Steep Holidays intranet or permission to install any software on our computers.
Inappropriate use of the Guest Wireless Network is not permitted. This policy does not enumerate all possible inappropriate uses but rather presents some guidelines (listed below) that Dean Steep Holidays may at any time use to make a determination that a particular use is inappropriate:
- Users must respect the privacy and intellectual property rights of others.
- Users must respect the integrity of our network and any other public or private computing and network systems.
- Use of the Guest Wireless Network for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is prohibited.
- The Guest Wireless Network may not be used in a manner that precludes or hampers other users access to the Guest Wireless Network or other any other networks.
- Nothing may be installed or used that modifies, disrupts, or interferes in any way with service for any user, host, or network.
WiFi Privacy NoticeDean Steep Holidays respects your privacy but we have a Legitimate Interest in recording a minimum amount of data regarding your use of our Wireless Network. We do this to ensure the security of our systems and for the possible detection of criminal activity.
What we collect
- The date and time a device connects to our network.
- The temporary IP address assigned to the device by our router.
- The MAC address of any device connected to the network.
How do we store it?
- The data is stored behind a firewall in small database in our router, separate from any other personal information we have.
- The data is stored with pseudononymization. That is, there is nothing in the data that can personally identify you without the use of further information.
- Dean Steep Holidays will retain the data for 12 months or until the limited storage is full, whichever comes sooner.
What we do not do
- We do not collect any browsing or communication data.
- We do not pass on this information to any Third Parties, unless they have the legal authority to ask us to do so.
Access PointsWhen a your device is connected to the WiFi network (and only when), the Access Point will show the MAC address and manufacturer of the device plus the IP Address assigned by our router and the length of time it has been connected. It also shows the signal strength, transmission rate and the amount of data uploaded and downloaded. We need this information to allow you to connect to the network and to provide you with the service.
We do not use location services. Without the knowledge of who owns a particular device there is nothing in this data to identify you without additional information.