General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)The use of the term 'we' refers to Dean Steep Holidays' Data Controller and Data Processor.
This document sets out why we ask for the personal information that we do, what we do with it and your rights relating to that information.
Why we need your personal information.
- Contract. By booking to stay in our accommodation you are entering into a legal contract and to this end Dean Steep Holidays (we) require not only your name but also your address. We have a lawful basis in doing so and do not require your consent to process and store your personal data.
- Immigration (Hotel Records) Order, 1972 We are under a legal obligation to record the full names and nationality of all guests over the age of 16. For non UK, Irish and Commonwealth guests we are also required to record the number and place of issue of their passport and details of their next destination. The order says that we must keep this information for a minimum of 12 months.
- Her Majesties Revenue and Customs. We are obliged to keep records of any payments you make for our business accounting for a minimum period of seven years.
- Sensitive personal information. We want to be able to provide you with accommodation that best suits your needs. If you, or any of your party have problems with mobililty, for example, we need to process this information in order to provide you with the most suitable accommodation. We cannot do this without your explicit consent.
What we do with it.
- Storing. Information provided via this website is stored in an encrypted database on our website server. Paper records are stored securely in our office.
- Processing. Immediate processing of your data is in the preparation of the contract and the allocation of your accommodation. We will need to access your payment information when it comes to the preparation of our accounts.
- 'Request to Book.' The data you provide when you request to book forms the basis of the contract between us. Should we be unable to accept your request or if you fail to complete your booking within the 48 hours after we have accepted it, the data will be deleted.
- Your data will be retained for as long is necessary to fulfil the contract and for us to service any bookings you make. At a minimum it will be retained for as long as we are legally required to do so.
- Access You may request access to your personal information
- Rectification You may ask us to rectify any inaccurate information or request that we complete any incomplete information.
- Erasure. You can ask us to erase your personal data, however we also have a right to refuse your request if it conflicts with our legal obligations to keep the data.
What we do not do.
- Card payments We use a tokenised system called Stripe. We can neither store nor have no access to any of your card details.
- Third parties We will never pass on or sell any of your personal data to any third party for the purposes of marketing etc.
Dean Steep Holidays respects your privacy but we have a Legitimate Interest in recording a minimum amount of data regarding your use of our Wireless Network. We do this to ensure the security of our systems and for the possible detection of criminal activity.
What we collect
- The date and time a device connects to our network.
- The temporary IP address assigned to the device by our router.
- The MAC address of any device connected to the network.
How do we store it?
- The data is stored behind a firewall in small database in our router, separate from any other personal information we have.
- The data is stored with pseudononymization. That is, there is nothing in the data that can personally identify you without the use of further information.
- Dean Steep Holidays will retain the data for 12 months or until the limited storage is full, whichever comes sooner.
What we do not do
- We do not collect any browsing or communication data.
- We do not pass on this information to any Third Parties, unless they have the legal authority to ask us to do so.
Access PointsWhen a your device is connected to the WiFi network (and only when), the Access Point will show the MAC address and manufacturer of the device plus the IP Address assigned by our router and the length of time it has been connected. It also shows the signal strength, transmission rate and the amount of data uploaded and downloaded. We need this information to allow you to connect to the network and to provide you with the service.
We do not use location services. Without the knowledge of who owns a particular device there is nothing in this data to identify you without additional information.
Richard Wall (Data Controller), Teresa Wall (Data Processor)
Dean Steep Holidays
Tel +44 1598 753272
Dean Steep Holidays
Tel +44 1598 753272